Bilateral Egyptian- Brazilian relations are excellent and both countries coordinate closely on many important global issues such as disarmament, non proliferation, achieving the millennium development goals, international trade, environment and climate change, as well as many political issues of mutual interest. This excellent cooperation between both countries is reflected in many aspects, including exchange of support for the candidates of both countries in the international organizations, membership of important regional and international organizations and mechanisms, as well as in multilateral fora and conventions.
President of Brazil Dilma Rousseff received on 9 May, 2013 President Mohamed Morsy at the Brazilian presidential palace following a ceremonial reception and Honor Guards performance.
During the talks, the President reaffirmed the importance of enhancing relations between the two countries in light of the Brazilian model of economic and social development and democratic transformation. The President further commended the regular coordination between Egypt and Brazil on issues related to international peace and security, disarmament, reforming economic and fiscal and international institutions, international trade, sustainable development, combating poverty, and supporting the Palestinian cause.
Referring to Egypt's pursuit to join BRICS through the achievement of true development in all domains, President Morsy explained that Egypt was keen to enhance cooperation with various emerging blocs and countries and closely following up on the works of the BRICS bloc countries including Brazil, India, Russia, South Africa, and China
The President further called for the establishment of genuine partnership between the two countries especially since the areas of cooperation between them are multiple and promising reaffirming his confidence in the willingness of both Egypt and Brazil to conclude with a detailed action plan that would realize the interests of both peoples. The President further promised the establishment of a direct airline between Cairo and Brazil.
President Morsi further referred to Egypt's aspirations, as it advances by its people's will, to open up to the world and strengthen cooperation with international partners and allies including Brazil which possesses a unique experience in the field of societal participation, in addition to its experience in preparing indexes for measuring the level of sustainable development and spreading environmental awareness.
Talks concluded with a joint press conference held by the Presidents of Egypt and Brazil in which President Morsi expressed his pleasure to visit Brazil and sincere gratitude to Brazil's government and people for their generous hospitality.
President Morsi said that talks with Brazil reaffirmed the promising horizons awaiting bilateral relations between the two countries in light of the great potentials and experiences in Egypt and Brazil. President Morsi added that these potentials require further collaboration in order for them to be fruitful and contribute to the enhancement of bilateral relations, increase in amount of commercial exchange, and increase in the rate of Brazilian investment flow in Egypt as a foundation for genuine partnership.
Throughout the press conference, President Mohamed Morsi welcomed Brazil's stances supporting the right of the Palestinian people to the establishment of their independent state with sovereignty. The president further pointed to the similarity in visions regarding the developments of the Syrian crisis, the necessity of siding with the Syrian people to help them realize their hopes of democracy, collaboration of efforts to end the killing of civilians, and the importance of reaching a political settlement that guarantees Syria's territorial integrity.
The President said that agreement was reached on boosting Egyptian-Brazilian communication with the aim of benefiting from the Brazilian model in the fields of combating poverty, economic and social development, and its distinct experience in the path of democratic transformation.
President Morsi further invited the Brazilian President to visit Egypt in the time found convenient.
President Mohamed Morsi also witnessed signatures on agreements for technical cooperation in addition to memorandums of understanding in the fields of agricultural development, social development, agriculture, environment and health, and a memorandum of understanding between the Alexandria Library and Nation Library of Brazil.
President Dilma Rousseff held a state banquet in honor of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi and the delegation accompanying him through which words were exchanged.
• Visit of Minister of Trade and Industry of the Arab Republic of Egypt to Brazil from 11th to 14th of August, 2008.
• Visit of Minister of Finance of the Arab Republic of Egypt to Brazil on the 14th of November, 2008.
• Visit of Minister of Petroleum to Brazil from 19th to 22nd of November, 2008
• Visit of Minister for Family and Population to Brazil from 25th to 29th of November, 2008.
• Visit of Minister of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil to Egypt on January, 2009.
• Visit of Minister of Culture of the Arab Republic of Egypt, to Brazil from 20th to 21st of May, 2009.
• Visit of Minister of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil to Egypt on March, 2009.
• Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Arab Republic of Egypt to Brazil from 29th to 30th of July, 2009.
• Visit of Minister of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil to Egypt on December, 2009
The volume of Trade between both countries reached around 1.5 billion dollars during 2009, with Brazil exporting the amount of 1.4 billion dollars and importing from Egypt the amount of 87 million dollars, and compared to the amount of trade over 650 million dollars in 2004.
Cooperation Agreements signed between both countries
• Cultural Agreement signed on 17/05/1960
• Trade Agreement signed on 31/01/1973
• Scientific and Technical Agreement signed on 31/01/1973
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Energy signed on 29/04/1986
• Memorandum of Understanding in the field of Science and Technology signed on 09/11/1991
• Cooperation Agreement between the Egyptian Business Association and the Brazilian Trade Chamber signed on 09/11/1991
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Tourism signed on 14/11/1996
• Cooperation Agreement between Cairo University and Brasilia University signed on 31/07/1999
• Agreement on Establishment of Political Consultation Mechanism between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs in both countries signed on 09/12/2003.
• Agreement on Visa Exemption for the Holders of Diplomatic Passports signed on 09/12/2003
• Agreement on Establishment of Businessmen Council signed on 09/12/2003
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Culture signed on 12/08/2008
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Diplomatic Studies, 29/07/2009
• Memorandum of Understanding for Trilateral Cooperation in Africa signed on 29/07/2009
• Memorandum of Understanding on Establishing Strategic Dialog Mechanism signed on 27/12/2009
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Sports signed on 27/12/2009 .