Communiqué number 3
Armed Forces pound terrorists as Operation Sinai 2018 continues
Sunday، 11 February 2018 - 11:31 AM
Egypt's Armed Forces said on Saturday 10/2/2018 that the air force has continued conducting "intensive air strikes against terrorist targets and gatherings monitored earlier in Central and North Sinai."
In a third communiqué on "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018”, which was launched on Friday, Armed Forces Spokesman Tamer El-Refaie said the robust strikes targeted weaponry, ammunition, and explosives warehouses, and logistical support, with the air forces continuing to secure air space strategically over border areas
El-Refaie said that law enforcement forces, supported by special forces and border guards as well as police, have carried out several simultaneous raids on towns in Central and Northern Sinai to chase runaway elements, eradicate them, and continue to demolish targets belonging to terrorist elements.
The navy is also tightening control on the seafront from Rafah to western Al-Arish, to cut supply lines for terrorists, while maintaining security of economic installations in the area.
He added that navy units are conducting patrols to secure the coast from Marsa Matrouh to Salloum along the wester Mediterranean shores in cooperation with the border guards who are securing southern and western border areas.
Border guards and other forces are carrying out missions to secure navigation in the Suez Canal and thwart attempts of terrorists to escape.
Forces are also executing operations to track terrorists in the Western Desert’s Wahat and other areas in Upper Egypt governorates.
According to Refaie, police forces are conducting combing operation in all residential areas in Central and North Sinai, setting up checkpoints on local roads in cooperation with armed forces.
“The armed forces and police stressed their persistence to eradicate the roots of terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people,“ the statement added.