The Armed Forces issued on Tuesday 13/2/2018 Communique No. 6 on the outcome of "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" that was launched on Friday to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
"As part of the "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" carried out by elements of the Armed Forces, in cooperation with the combat units of the Interior Ministry, anti-terror units continue launching raids targeting terrorist hideouts and arms and ammunition warehouses in northern and central Sinai," the statement said.
- Air forces destroyed seven vehicles used by terrorists.
- Ten Takfiris were killed during a shoot-out with anti-terror forces.
- Quantities of arms and ammunition were seized.
- Some 400 criminal elements and wanted criminals were arrested.
- Six vehicles and 13 unlicensed motorbikes were seized and destroyed.
- As many as 143 huts, hideouts and warehouses containing explosive charges and large quantities of auto spare parts and drugs were destroyed .
- Seventy-nine explosive devices were dismantled and an underground warehouse with 10 anti-tank mines destroyed.
- An underground tunnel, with a width of 1.5 meters and a depth of 25 meters, was destroyed in the northern border in North Sinai.
- Nine bango and hashish farms were destroyed and more than seven tons of narcotics and a truck loaded with more than 1.2 million tramadol pills were seized.
Within the course of the "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018", the Navy launched four ground-to-sea and surface-to-sea rockets.
The navy forces continue tightening their grip along the coastal area, the statement added.
Combat groups of the Armed Forces and Interior Ministry continue operating 479 security patrols and setting up checkpoints across the nation.
The statement reiterated armed forces and police's persistence to eradicate the roots of terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people.