Communiqué number 12
Armed Forces: 11 takfiris killed in Sinai in past 4 days
Tuesday، 27 February 2018 - 01:03 PM
The Armed Forces have killed 11 dangerous Takfiris over the past four days within the course of the Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018 (COS 2018).
In a statement on Tuesday 26/2/2018, the Armed Forces said that several targets and hideouts of terrorists were also destroyed.
The Armed Forces issued its 12th statement on the outcome of "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" that was launched on February 9 to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
"As part of the "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" carried out by elements of the Armed Forces, in cooperation with the combat units of the Interior Ministry, anti-terror units continue launching raids targeting terrorist hideouts and arms and ammunition warehouses in northern and central Sinai," the statement said.
- Air forces destroyed 20 targets used by terrorists as hideouts and two booby-trapped cars.
- Artillery shelling of 185 targets in the areas of operations.
- A suicide attack targeting army personnel was thwarted. Four very dangerous takfiris wearing explosive-laden belts and military uniform were also killed.
- Seven armed Takfiri elements were killed in an exchange of gunfire.
- An underground warehouse, containing four machine guns and six automatic rifles, a 9mm pistol, 28 pistol magazines, binoculars (field glasses), a wireless device and three hand grenades, as well as large quantities of RPGs, was destroyed.
- As many as 375 huts, hideouts and warehouses containing explosives and large quantities of auto spare parts and fuel used by terrorists were destroyed.
- Eighteen vehicles and 71 unlicensed motorbikes were seized and destroyed.
- Thirty-six bango and hashish farms were destroyed and more than 1,750 kg of narcotics were seized.
- Some 641 criminal elements and wanted criminals were arrested.
- Twenty-seven explosive devices were dismantled.
- Air Forces also spotted and destroyed two four-wheel-drive vehicles loaded with explosives while attempting to cross into the Egyptian territories.
The Egyptian and French naval forces continue their joint naval exercise in the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea.
A police officer and two non-commissioned officers were killed and a police officer, two non-commissioned officers and four conscripts were injured within the course of the operations.