Sudanese President's Visit
Sunday، 18 March 2018 - 12:24 PM
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi receives in Cairo on Monday 19/3/2018 his Sudanese counterpart Omar al Bashir for talks on Egyptian-Sudanese ties.
Sisi and Bashir discuss means to boost bilateral relations and cooperation in the different domains for the interest of the two countries' peoples. This is the 21st meeting between the two presidents since Sisi assumed office.
The visit comes to complete talks that were held between Sisi and Bashir in January in Addis Ababa where they agreed on the convening of four-way meetings in Cairo involving the foreign ministers and intelligence chiefs of both countries.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received on Monday 19/3/2018 his Sudanese counterpart Omar el Bashir upon his arrival at Cairo International Airport on an official visit to Egypt and arrived at Ittihadiya Presidential Palace to start their summit talks.
- President Sisi held talks with his Sudanese counterpart Omar al Bashir, asserting that historical relations bind the two nations, besides joint cultural and social aspects spanning for thousands of years. The two sides agreed on bolstering joint economic cooperation in the fields of agriculture, livestock production, transportation and infrastructure, besides establishing vital ventures, he said. They also stressed the importance of swiftly finalizing the electricity linkage project between Egypt and Sudan.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and his Sudanese counterpart Omar el Bashir attended the "Egyptian Family Celebration" at the covered hall of Cairo Stadium.
- Sudanese President delivered a speech at the "Egyptian Family Celebration" and expressed his pleasure over the warm reception by his Egyptian counterpart Abdel Fattah El Sisi and the Egyptian people, adding that Egypt's achievements is a matter of pride for all of us, Egypt's power is part and parcel of that of Sudan.
- Sudanese President Omar Al Bashir left Cairo after a brief visit, as President Abdel Fattah El Sisi said goodbye for him at the airport.