Communique no. 25
Tuesday، 03 July 2018 - 12:24 PM
Armed Forces: 3 Takfiris killed, 285 hideouts, warehouses destroyed in Sinai
The Armed Forces said on in its 25th statement on the outcome of the operation that was launched on to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
According to the statement, the Air Forces destroyed five vehicles and warehouses in North Sinai.
- Three dangerous Takfiris were killed within the course of the ongoing operations in North and Central Sinai. A number of machine guns and ammunition were found in their possession.
- Fifty-nine suspects were arrested during the operation in North and Central Sinai.
- Twelve vehicles used to attack security forces were destroyed.
- A fuel storage place, a warehouse and a workshop were destroyed.
- At least 285 hiding places and storehouses were destroyed and 200 kilograms of TNT were seized in North and Central Sinai.
- The Armed Forces detonated 10 explosive devices and destroyed a number of tunnels in Rafah.
- Borders guards seized 120 cartouche guns, three sniper guns, a machine gun, 7,340 bullets, 1,928 kilograms of hashish, three million narcotic pills and eight four-wheel drive vehicles.
- The troops also seized a smuggling truck carrying three persons who were hiding seven Thuraya satellite phones and 320 heroin packs weighing half a ton. Also, smuggled foreign currencies were found with them.
- Eleven vehicles and two motorbikes along with 279 kilograms of bango and 9,700 narcotic pills were seized.
- The statement reiterated the army and police forces' persistence to uproot terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people.
A soldier was injured and two civilians martyred during the operation.