Communiqué number 24
8 takfiris killed as part of Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018
Friday، 29 June 2018 - 12:00 AM
A military statement said on Tuesday 29/5/2018 the takfiris were killed in a shootout with troops during combing and manhunt operations in Central and North Sinai.
The statement made it clear that:
- Sixty-four wanted criminals and suspects have also been arrested and legal measures have been taken against them.
- Acting on a tip, the air force destroyed two vehicles laden with weapons and ammunition before infiltrating the strategic western border, the statement said.
- Ammunition and camouflage uniforms, as well as sums of money, wireless communication devices, a laptop, a camera and jerry cans full of explosives have been seized in Central Sinai.
- Also 20 vehicles and 79 plateless motorcycles were destroyed.
- Military engineers defused 15 explosive charges that had been planted with the aim to target troops.
- As many as 80 hideouts were destroyed containing ammunition, explosive devices and books that promote takfiri ideologies.
- Eleven kilograms of drugs have been seized in Central and North Sinai.
In Matrouh, border guards have, meanwhile, detected an underground warehouse full of ammunition in the desert area.
They also arrested 578 persons for attempting to sneak the western border in an illegal immigration operation.
Two plateless 4x4 vehicles have also been found in the dunes in el Wahat area.
Border guards of the second and third field armies found two sacks containing 225,000 drugs as part of the operations, according to the military statement.