Cultural Conferences & Festivals
- international conference league of arab states and alliance of civilizatios
- Citadel Festival for Music, Singing
- Fourth meeting of Muslim world Quran radios officials
- Science Day 2017
- Interreligious conference " Freedom and Citizenship
- 38th Cairo Int'l Film Festival
- 2nd Nubian World Day
- Arabic Language Day
- 47th session of Cairo International Book Fair
11th edition of National Theatre Festival
Sunday، 26 August 2018 - 01:43 PM
Under auspices Culture Ministry, the 11th edition of the National Theatre Festival inaugurated by Culture Minister Ines Abdel-Dayem at Cairo Opera House from July 19 to August 2, 2018.
President of the event, critic Hassan Ateya, manages the festival for the second year in a row. Sudan is the guest of honour at the festival
This year’s festival bears the name of playwright Mahmoud Diab, one of the most influential Egyptian playwrights of the 20th century. His plays are still performed in various venues such as the Youth Theatre and in culture ministry venues.
As is tradition now at the festival, theatre pioneers were honoured for their achievements.
Director Galal El-Sharqawy, playwright Mohamed Abo El-Ela El-Salamoni, director Hussein Abdel-Kader, actress Samira Mohsen, scenographer Hussein El-Ezaby and the late critic Mohamed El-Refai were honoured for their work and contribution.