President Sisi's Tour To Asia
Saturday، 01 September 2018 - 11:42 AM
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi embarks a tour that will take him to Bahrain, China and Uzbekistan.
Sisi will head for Beijing to attend the Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) which is an important event for giving momentum to relations between China and African countries.
At the end of the tour, Sisi will visit the Uzbek capital Tashkent, that this is the first official visit by an Egyptian president to Uzbekistan.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi arrived in China on a four-day visit.
- An official reception ceremony was given at the Great Hall of the People in Tiananmen Square for visiting Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El Sisi by his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping.
- The two leaders held bilateral consultations followed by an extended session in the presence of the delegations of the two countries, which the Chinese President began by welcoming President Sisi. President Sisi hailed the development of the historic ties binding Egypt and China, describing them as a "comprehensive strategic partnership. The Chinese President praised the development of bilateral relations between the two countries to the level of comprehensive strategic partnership.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping held a banquet in honor of his Egyptian counterpart Abdel Fattah El Sisi and his accompanying delegation.
- President Sisi and his Chinese counterpart witnessed the signing of five cooperation deals in various fields as part of the Egyptian leader’s visit to Beijing. The deals tackle several domains, including the industrial quality, a Chinese loan, and cooperation in projects such as the electric train, along with a grant for manufacturing an Egyptian satellite.
- President Sisi visited Chinese Communist Party Academy, one of the important educational institutions in China that is responsible for training officials and leaders for assuming high-level posts. During the visit, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi underscored Egypt's keenness on promoting cooperation with China in the various fields particularly the economic, cultural, tourism and scientific ones to make best use of the Chinese side's expertise in reaching the aspired development in Egypt.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi said Egypt and China play a pioneering role in peace, security and development at the African and international levels. "We are looking forward to maintaining and developing this role as Egypt enjoys a significant geo-strategic position," the Egyptian leader said in his address in China on Sunday September 2, 2018 at the Chinese Communist Party Academy.
- President Abd Al Fattah Al Sisi lays a wreath of flowers at the memorial in the Chinese capital of Beijing.
The visit also includes:
- Attending the Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC)
- Meeting Chinese PM as well as representatives for major Chinese companies to discuss means of boosting investments in Egypt
- Receiving South Sudanese President Salva Kiir.
Egypt's participation in 2018 Beijing Summit of Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC)
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi started a visit to Bahrain. Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa al Khalifa welcomed President Sisi upon his arrival at Bahrain International Airport.
- An official reception ceremony was held upon the arrival of the Egyptian President at the Gudaibiya Palace.
- After the national anthems of both countries were played, the two leaders inspected the Guard of Honour lined up to salute them.
- Sisi held talks with Bahraini King Hamad bin Isa and a number of Bahraini princes, ministers and top officials on means of enhancing bilateral ties as well as a host of regional issues of mutual concern.
- President Sisi attended a number of cultural and artistic events held in the framework of his visit to Bahrain.
- President Sisi and Bahraini King visited Bahrain National Museum. They were received upon arrival at the museum by Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities (BACA) President Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa and senior BACA officials.
- The Bahraini king then hosted a dinner banquet in honour of Sisi and the accompanying delegation.
- Sisi also witnessed an artistic performance held at the Bahrain National Theatre
President Sis left Bahrain heading to China
Sisi will hold talks with his Uzbek counterpart Shavkat Mirziyoyev and a number of ministers and top officials on means of developing bilateral relations.
At the end of the visit, Sisi and Mirziyoyev will witness the signing of several agreements and memos on beefing up cooperation in various scores.