20 February 2019 11:47 AM
Communiqué Number 28

Armed Forces: 52 Takfiris killed & 7 hideouts destroyed in North Sinai

Monday، 08 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

The General Command of the Armed Forces on Monday 8/10/2018 announced that 52 Takfiris were killed and seven terrorist hideouts destroyed in North Sinai as part of the "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" that was launched in February to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.

In its 28th statement released early on Monday 8/10/2018, the General Command of the Armed Forces said the swoops that have been conducted over the past period achieved great success, vowing to press along with efforts exerted to eradicate terrorism and uproot it on all strategic fronts of the state.

As part of the "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" carried out by the Armed Forces, in cooperation with the combat units of the Interior Ministry, anti-terror units continue launching raids targeting terrorist hideouts and arms and ammunition caches in Northern and Central Sinai," the statement said.

At the same time, air forces destroyed seven terrorist hiding places and two four-wheeled vehicles that had been prepared to target a number of security posts in Northern Sinai.

On the western front, 28 terrorist vehicles were destroyed during their attempt to sneak into the western borders.

Twenty-six dangerous takfiris were killed with a number of automatic rifles, ammunition, hand grenades, explosive belts and wireless communication devices, a number of electric circuits, military uniforms found in their possession. Also, a drone was seized in the operation as it had been used by the terrorists to monitor movements by army troops in Central and North Sinai, added the statement.

In a preemptive strike, police troops carried out an operation in cooperation with the National Security units in Arish that resulted in killing 26 dangerous takfiris, seizing 10 automatic rifles, four machine guns, two explosive devices and destroyed 26 vehicles and 52 unlicensed motorbikes that had been used for the terrorists' transportation.

The joint forces also uncovered and destroyed a number of terrorist hideouts and shelters rather than a number of car spare parts and quantities of TNT and shells were found.

Also army sappers discovered large quantities of explosive charges that had been planted on a number of axes in the areas targeted by operations.

According to the statement, border guard troops have reinforced their presence and security measures on the strategic border areas and tightened their grip over the crossings and transit points to counter any attempt for smuggling weapons and drugs and threatening national stability.

On the western military zone, the border guards seized three automatic rifles, five sniper pistols, quantities of ammunition, 21 magazines, 2 Thuraya satellite phones, night-vision goggles, 61 trucks laden with smuggled goods, 1,000 kilograms of hashish and narcotics and three million drug pills.

Also, 2,227 persons were arrested while trying to infiltrate the state's border frontiers.

On the southern military zone, 102 illegal immigrants were caught and 31 vehicles, two satellite communication devices, a metal detector device, 7 tons of rocks containing gold were seized.

The operation coincided with the Naval Forces conducting security patrols to protect the state's strategic fronts and cut the terrorist elements' supply lines via the sea. As a result of the combat operations and the missions accomplished, one officer, a non-commissioner officer and a soldier were killed.

The statement reiterated the armed forces and police's persistence to eradicate terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people.

MENA

Related Stories

Most Visited

From To