Presidential Activity October 2019
Tuesday، 26 November 2019 - 05:00 PM
President's meetings with officials
October 1: President Abel Fattah El Sisi instructed the authorities concerned to continue exerting their utmost efforts to hunt down terrorist elements. This came during a meeting the President held with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, Interior Minister Mahmoud Tawfiq, Minister of Defense and Military Production Gen. Mohame Zaki, and Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry, stressing that Egypt will continue its war on terrorism, terrorist financing and whoever provides support to terrorist groups.
October 1: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi ordered using state-of-the-art information technologies and international digital criteria to implement projects and plans of relocating government premises to the New Administrative Capital. This contributes to the state’s efforts with regard to digital transformation, President Sisi said during a meeting with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, Minister of Communications and Information Technology Amr Talaat and head of the Armed Forces’ systems and information department Yasser Kamal.
October 5: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi issued directives to accomplish the Suez Canal Authority (SCA) projects, both related to developing the waterway, or modernizing, improving and structuring the SCA subsidiaries. Meeting Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, SCA chief Osama Rabie and head of the General Authority For Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZone) Mohamed Yehia Zaki, the President ordered to accelerate the completion of the SCZone infrastructure projects to ensure increased investment opportunities and provide more job opportunities within the framework of the state's comprehensive development process.
October 5: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has underlined the importance to serve the target of building an efficient administrative governmental body while relocating the headquarters of the Cabinet and ministries to the New Administrative Capital. The President had a meeting on this score with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, Planning Minister Hala el Saeed and Minister of Communication Amr Talaat.
October 7: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has directed the completion of the new power energy projects according to schedule in order to meet the needs of the citizens across the nation particularly in Upper Egypt and remote areas. During a meeting held with Prime Minister Dr Mostafa Madbouli and Minister of Electricity Dr Mohamed Shaker, the President directed accelerating power grid projects with neighboring countries especially in light of mutual interests and good management of power energy.
October 12: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has ordered to continue to concentrate on social and human development with ongoing efforts to reduce public debt and budget deficit. Sisi held a meeting with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli and Finance Minister Mohamed Mait, among others. The President reiterated that such efforts aim to secure a stable environment to increase confidence in the Egyptian economy to attract investments and boost the competitiveness of the economy so that all categories of the society can make use of development yields.
October 19: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi had a meeting with State Minister for Military Production Mohamed el Assar. The meeting took up the ministry's efforts to fulfill the Armed Forces' military equipment needs. It also tackled means of capitalizing on the surplus production of the ministry-affiliated companies to support mega national projects and produce high quality devices and equipment at competitive prices to meet the local market needs.
October 20: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has directed to continue promoting traditional handicrafts in all governorates, especially in light of the state's plan to support small industries. Sisi's remarks came during a meeting with Menoufia Governor Saeed Abbas. The meeting tackled efforts to develop traditional handicrafts in Menoufia through making good use of different expertise in this sector and organizing a number of internal exhibitions.
October 26: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has ordered to prioritize job-creating investments, particularly for youths. Sisi had a meeting with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, Planning Minister Hala el Saeed and Finance Minister Mohamed Maait, among others. The President directed to focus on development of laborers and improvement of production, especially in the fields of modern technology and communication. The meeting touched upon developments of macroeconomics.
October 2: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi inaugurated Egypt's heritage exhibition for handicrafts held at Egypt International Exhibition Center. The exhibition is organized by the Medium, Micro and Small Enterprises Authority.
October 3: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi laid a wreath at the Unknown Soldier Memorial on the 46th anniversary of October War victory. Sisi also laid a wreath on the tomb of late president Anwar el Sadat, the hero of war and peace.
October 13: President Abdel Fatah El Sisi attended the 31st intellectual seminar of the Armed forces, which is held under the theme of "October .. Will and Challenge.” The seminar coincides with the 46th anniversary of the 6th of October War victory celebrations. The event is attended by Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, Defense Minister Mohamed Zaki along with a number of army commanders, statesmen and prominent public figures.
October 17: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi witnessed the graduation of the first batch of the Armed Forces faculty of medicine. Defense Minister Mohamed Zaki attended the ceremony alongside a galaxy of ministers and statesmen.
October 20: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi inspected the Military Academy where he attended the Candidate Fitness Assessment undergone by some of the students applying for admission into the military service academies and institutes.
October 28: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi made an inspection tour of the Red Sea resort of Sharm El Sheikh.
October 31: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi made a tour of El Nasr Company for Intermediate Chemicals (NCIC) industrial complex which will witness, later in the day, the inauguration of two new factories. Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, Defense Minister Mohamed Zaki, House of Representatives Speaker Mohamed Abdel Aal along with a galaxy of ministers and senior officials accompanied the president during his tour. Sisi was briefed on the activities of the company which has been established on an area of 250 feddans and houses 17 factories, including 4 chlorine and caustic soda factories, 4 factories for producing aerosols, 4 factories for manufacturing pesticides and fertilizers, 4 factories for medical and industrial gases and a factory for manufacturing of fiberglass basins, tanks and pipes.
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi inaugurates the 38th World Radiocommunication Conference
October 28: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi inaugurated the 38th World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) in the Egyptian Red Sea resort city of Sharm El Sheikh, which is organized by the UN agency of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU). While delivering his inaugural speech at the WRC, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi affirmed the importance of the 38th World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC), saying that it reflects the progress and advancement of human civilization.
Tripartite Egyptian-Cypriot-Greek summit
October 8: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi held a summit meeting with Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis. The summit started with a session of talks involving the three leaders followed by another one with the delegations of the three countries attending.
Official Visits to Egypt
October 10: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received and held talks with Jordanian King Abdullah II at Cairo's Ittihadiya presidential palace. During his official visit to Cairo, the Jordanian monarch discussed with President Sisi bilateral relations and the latest regional developments.
President's meetings with foreign officials
October 7: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi said Egypt is looking forward to working with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) to turn Egypt into a regional hub for agricultural development. During a meeting with IFAD President Gilbert F. Houngbo, President Sisi expressed appreciation for the support offered by the fund to development projects in Egypt over the past decades as being a strategic partner. This has helped the Egyptian government reach its targets as regards combating poverty in rural communities and improving the living standards of families residing in remote areas.
October 9: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received a delegation of Senators and Congressmen from South Carolina state. The US delegation praised Egypt's role, under the leadership of President Sisi, in spreading the culture of peace in the Middle East region.
October 9: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received a high-level Korean delegation led by Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) Chairman Park Yong-maan in the presence of the South Korean ambassador in Cairo and Investment and International Cooperation Minister Sahar Nasr, saying that Egypt aims to open new horizons to boost trade and economic relations with South Korea. The President reiterated that Cairo is also keen to make use of promising investment opportunities available in the Egyptian market in all fields through attracting new investments or expanding the existing Korean investments in different Egyptian sectors, particularly auto-making, electronics, health and petrochemical fields, among others.
October 15: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi said that Egypt could be a hub for Japanese products and industries and a gateway to the African and Middle East markets. The remarks were made at a meeting with the chairman of the Japanese Toyota company.
October 19: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received heads of constitutional and supreme courts in an event held to mark the golden jubilee of the constitutional jurisdiction in Egypt, underscoring that the important role played by supreme constitutional courts to provide judicial protection for citizens. He reiterated that such protection is guaranteed under the constitutional legitimacy to strike a balance between rights and freedoms of citizens and help public authorities carry out their duties.
October 21: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jabir Al Mubarak Al Hamad Al Sabah.
October 29: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi asserted Egypt's interest in making use of the German expertise and technology, especially in elementary, higher and technical education. Sisi made the remarks during his meeting with German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas in Cairo, in the presence of Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry and the German ambassador to Egypt.
President's Foreign Visits
Russia-Africa Economic Forum (October 22 – 24)
- The two-day Russia-Africa Economic Forum kicked off in the Russian city of Sochi. Co-chaired by Egypt and Russia, the 32-session forum mulled ways of boosting political, economic, trade and security partnership between African countries and Russia.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi arrived in Sochi, Russia, to attend a Russia-Africa economic cooperation forum. Sisi and Russia's Vladimir Putin co-chaired the event, which focused on Russian-African cooperation in the fields of investment, industry, trade exchange, housing, science, education, media, infrastructure and nuclear technology.
- During his visit to the Russian city of Sochi, President Sisi held a summit meeting with his Russian counterpart Vladmir Putin to discuss means of boosting bilateral relations in various domains and at all levels. This comes within the framework of a comprehensive partnership and strategic cooperation agreement inked between Egypt and Russia and the keenness of both countries to promote cooperation and consultations on issues of mutual interest.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi met with the chairman of Russia's GAZ Group, the largest Russian commercial vehicle manufacturer.
- President Vladimir Putin and President Abdel Fatah El Sisi began their summit meeting. The meeting comes shortly before the opening of the Russia-Africa forum with the participation of many African leaders.
- Addressing the opening session of the forum, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi said it is important that the Africa-Russia economic forum yields results that would help enhance the potentials and pioneering projects of the African nations.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin attended a working luncheon with heads of African trade blocs on the sidelines of their co-chairmanship of the Russia-Africa economic forum meetings. The participants tackled ways to enhance economic cooperation between Russia and Africa and the continent's business environment.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and his Chadian counterpart Idriss Deby met on the sidelines of the Russia-Africa Economic Forum to probe ways of promoting bilateral relations.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi attended a dinner banquet, held by his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in honor of African leaders participating in the first Russia-Africa summit in the Russian Black Sea port city of Sochi.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi co-chaired with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin the first plenary session of the Russia-Africa Summit, currently in session in Sochi city, with the participation of 42 African leaders. In his speech, Sisi focused on Africa’s vision towards numerous continental and African Union issues, in addition to the management of the Russian-African cooperation file in the future.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi, currently in the Russian city of Sochi, had talks with Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed. The meeting was held on the fringe of the Russia-Africa Summit.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin witnessed inking ceremonies of two memorandums of understanding for cooperation between Russia and the African Union at the conclusion of the 1st ever Russia-Africa Summit. The 1st memo tackled the cooperation basics and the mutual relations between Russia and the Africa Union, while the 2nd MoU deal with direct cooperation between the African Union and the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU).
- Speaking at a press conference with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, resident Abdel Fattah El Sisi said that the Russia-Africa Summit reflects increasing cooperation between both sides and their heads of state's political will to bolster joint relations in all fields. President Sisi said the summit's final communiqué underscores the principles on which the Russian and African sides agreed, including the respect of international law norms and principles of the United Nations Charter in addition to achieving peace and security through more equal and just system.