Cultural & Religious Relations
Monday، 06 November 2017 - 12:00 AM
To embody the distinguished relations between Egypt and Saudi Arabia in various areas of cooperation among them the cultural area, the year 2005 witnessed several religious and cultural activities included:
On May 2, 2018, Minister of Antiquities Khaled Anani received Advisor to the President of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage of Cultural Tourism Prince Sultan bin Fahad bin Nasser bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and his accompanying delegation. They visited Mohammed Ali Palace in Manial and entered the Golden Hall, the Archaeological Mosque, the Hunting Museum, the Private Museumand the Museum Park.
On May10, 2018, Saudi Minister of Culture and Information Awad bin Saleh Al-Awad visited Egypt to attend the Arab Information Ministers Conference. Minister of Culture Inas Abdel Dayem received him. The two sides discussed ways of cultural and artistic cooperation between the two countries.
On 8/4/2016, During the visit of Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz to Egypt, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Saudi King witnessed the signing of Education and Technical Education Minister with his Saudi counterpart an educational executive program, also they witnessed the signing of Culture Minister with his Saudi counterpart an executive program in the field of cultural cooperation.
- Signing a Memo of Understanding (MOU) in the area of Endowment and Islamic affairs.
- Signing an agreement on Fatwa considering the different points of views which create some sort of enrichment and not contradiction.
- Signing the executive program of cooperation in the field of education during the period 2005-2007.
- The cultural educational Bureau organizing exams of the Egyptian community students annually.
- Two bilateral agreements in the field of culture and higher education are under negotiations.