Thursday، 22 October 2015 12:00 AM
Although the political relations are excellent, it does not match the trade exchange volume between the two countries which reached in 2008 about 7 million U.S. dollars, up from 4 million in 2007, and 2.8 million in 2006, where Egypt mostly exports pharmaceutical products, the limited trade between the two countries and returns to several reasons including the fact that Armenia a landlocked country and the absence of direct flights between Egypt and Armenia.
There is an agreement in the promotion and protection of investments signed in 1996 and another in the avoidance of double taxation signed in 2005, in addition to a number of memorandums of understanding and executive programs signed between the Egyptian and Armenian counterparts in different areas such as education, culture, radio and television, trade, exhibitions, Earth Sciences.
- Convention on mutual judicial assistance in criminal matters.
- Agreement for cooperation between the two official news agencies in both countries.
- Agreement on customs cooperation and mutual assistance.
- Convention on Extradition.
- Agreement for cooperation in the field of organized crime.
- Agreement for cooperation in the legal field.
- Executive program for tourism cooperation.
- Agreement for cooperation between the Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University and Yerevan State Medical University.
- Agreement between the Union of Businessmen and Egyptian Chamber of Industry and the Union of Armenian Businessmen to establish Egyptian-Armenian Business Council.