Thursday، 12 November 2015 12:00 AM
The Embassy pays a special attention for promoting cultural cooperation between Egypt and Denmark, and seeks to disseminate our cultural heritage within the Danish society and its cultural institutions and civil organizations, through the following:
- Organizing and participating in various cultural events and meetings.
- Enriching dialogue and mutual understanding as well as raising the Danish citizens` awareness of the Egyptian and Arab culture, and the contributions of Egyptian and Islamic civilization in human heritage.
- The Embassy seeks to correct the negative misconceptions of Islam and Arab identity in Denmark, which resulted from of the two cartoon crises . The Embassy supplies Islamic centers in Denmark with Islamic books and copies of the Holy Quran translated into English in collaboration with the Egyptian Ministry of Endowments and Al-Azhar Al-Sharif.
- The Embassy's constant efforts led to the approval of the Egyptian Ministry of Culture to host a Danish delegation of ten high-level cultural figures during the period from Jan. 29th to February 6th , 2008 in order to participate in the activities of the Cairo International Book Fair which aimed to vitalize cultural dialogue and to hold joint cultural seminars.
- The Embassy succeeded in coordination with the Danish Cultural Center, in preparing for the first visit of the European Youth Jazz band to the Middle East, to perform in the Egyptian Opera House, in Bibliotheca Alexandrina, and in Sharm el-Sheikh during the period from 28 to 30 April 2008.
- The Embassy in coordination with "Danmission" Foundation organized the third session of dialogue conference between Egypt and Denmark during the period from 21 to 27 August 2008, where 15 Muslim and Christian Egyptian clerics were invited to participate with their Danish counterparts in a series of workshops aimed at disseminating the spirit of tolerance and coexistence between different cultures and religions.
- The Embassy is keen to stimulate the exchange of participation in international arts` festivals organized by the two countries. It is worth mentioning that Denmark won the golden award of the 19th session of the Cairo International Festival for Experimental Theatre in October 2008.
- The Embassy seeks to sign twinning agreements between the cities and governorates of Egypt and Denmark to promote cooperation, and to open more channels of communication between the two peoples.( The proposed twinning project between "Suez" city in Egypt and the Danish city of "Kolding" is still under study) .
- Egypt participated in the World Wrestling Championship, hosted by Denmark during the period from 13 to 28 September 2009, as well as in the World Squash Championship, hosted also by Denmark, during the period from 24 September to 4 October, 2009, where the Egyptian team won the championship trophy.
- The Egyptian National Council for Youth is hosting the first conference of the second and third generations of Egyptians abroad which will be held in Alexandria during the period from 29-31 July, 2010. In this regard, the Embassy has coordinated the participation of the second generation of the young Egyptian living in Denmark in the above mentioned conference in order to strengthen their ties with their motherland country and their own civilization, as well as to familiarize them with the most important achievements in the economic, cultural, and social spheres in Egypt.