According to the latest Brazilian statistics, Egypt is the second-largest Arab trading partner to Brazil after Saudi Arabia and the third-largest African partner after South Africa and Nigeria. While, Brazil is the largest Latin American trade partner to Egypt.
The volume of trade between both countries reached around 2.96 billion dollars during 2012.
Egyptian exports to Brazil in 2011 amounted to approximately 344.7 million dollars compared to about $ 168.8 million in 2010 with an increase of 104%. The most important Egyptian exports to Brazil are agricultural fertilizers, cotton, rubber, tires, glass, glass manufactures and fabrics.
Egyptian imports from Brazil in 2011 amounted to approximately US $ 2.624 billion and the most important Egyptian imports are sugar, iron ore, meat and poultry and soy oil and maize.
Cooperation Agreements signed between both countries:
• Cultural Agreement signed on 17/05/1960
• Trade Agreement signed on 31/01/1973
• Scientific and Technical Agreement signed on 31/01/1973
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Energy signed on 29/04/1986
• Memorandum of Understanding in the field of Science and Technology signed on 09/11/1991
• Cooperation Agreement between the Egyptian Business Association and the Brazilian Trade Chamber signed on 09/11/1991
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Tourism signed on 14/11/1996
• Cooperation Agreement between Cairo University and Brasilia University signed on 31/07/1999
• Agreement on Establishment of Political Consultation Mechanism between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs in both countries signed on 09/12/2003.
• Agreement on Visa Exemption for the Holders of Diplomatic Passports signed on 09/12/2003
• Agreement on Establishment of Businessmen Council signed on 09/12/2003
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Culture signed on 12/08/2008
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Diplomatic Studies, 29/07/2009
• Memorandum of Understanding for Trilateral Cooperation in Africa signed on 29/07/2009
• Memorandum of Understanding on Establishing Strategic Dialog Mechanism signed on 27/12/2009
• Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of Sports signed on 27/12/2009.
30/1/2020: Assistant Foreign Minister for US Affairs Mahi Hassan Abdel Latif discussed on Thursday 30/1/2020 with a delegation of the Arab-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce ways of promoting bilateral cooperation.
Talks tackled enhancing trade and economic cooperation between Egypt and Brazil, according to a statement by the Foreign Ministry.