Economic relations between Egypt and Yemen have improved notably over the past few years.
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab and Yemeni Vice President and Premier Khaled Bahah attended on Sunday 12/7/2015 the signing ceremony of several cooperation agreements. The agreements were signed at the end of meetings of the Egyptian-Yemeni Higher Committee that was held at the Cabinet headquarters.
Volume of trade exchange between Egypt and Yemen during 2011 reached $ 250 million.
Egyptian exports to Yemen in the period from January to March 2010 were put at $62.08 million; imports at $52.58 million.
Yemeni investments in Egypt are estimated at a total of EGP71 million. Meanwhile, Egypt has the opportunity to invest in Yemen in the fields of pharmaceuticals, fish-canning and shoe-making.
The Sixth Round of the Higher Egyptian-Yemeni Committee was held in Sanaa in the period from 13 to 17 May 2006, with by the Prime Ministers of both countries as co-chairs. The agreements, protocols, and memorandums of understanding signed at the end of the round included:
1) An Agreement for exchanging assistance in criminal issues
2) An Agreement for the extradition of convicts
3) A twinning Agreement between Giza Governorate (Egypt) and Sanaa Governorate (Yemen)
4) An Agreement for social cooperation
5) An Agreement for founding a businessmen council in both countries
6) A scientific and technical cooperation agreement between the Ministries of Planning in both countries
7) A bilateral agreement for exchanging postal services
8) A Joint Cooperation Protocol between the Agricultural Cooperation Unions in both countries
9) A Cooperation Protocol for exchanging expertise in the field of land transportation
10) A Technical Cooperation Protocol in the field of road planning
11) A Cooperation Protocol between the Egyptian General Industrialization Authority and the Yemeni Industrialists' Association
12) A Cooperation Protocol in the field of youth
13) A Cooperation Protocol in the field sport
14) A Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministries of Electricity in both countries
15) A Memorandum of Understanding for standardization
16) A Memorandum of Understanding for housing, utilities, and urban development
17) A Memorandum of Understanding for insurance and reinsurance
18) A Memorandum of Understanding between the Egyptian Foreign Trade Point and the Yemeni trade sector
19) A Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation between the Egyptian General Authority for exhibitions and the Yemeni trade sector
20) An Executive Program for education
21) An Executive Program for scientific and technical cooperation
22) An Executive Program for media cooperation
23) An Executive program for a cooperation agreement in the field of drinking water and sewage
24) An Executive program for cooperation in the field of water resources and irrigation
25) An Executive Program for the safe administration of environmental resources, toxic wastes, and solid wastes and combating illegal trade of hazardous chemical substances
26) An Executive Program for technical cooperation for environment protection.
27) An Executive Program for cooperation in the field of tourism
28) An Executive Program for cooperation in the field of religious endowment and Islamic affairs
29) An Executive Program for cooperation between the Ministries of Public Work of both countries for 2006-2007