- On 11/5/2015, Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry held talks with his Djiboutian counterpart Mahmoud Ali Youssouf on means of promoting bilateral relations in the different domains.
The talks took up cooperation means to establish a free trade zone and a logistic center in Djibouti to facilitate trade movement between the two countries and neighboring countries.
- On 5/4/2015, Commander -in -Chief of the Armed Forces Colonel General Sedqi Sobhy and Minister of Defense and Military Production and Lt General Mahmoud Hegazy, the Chief of Staff met with Chief of Staff of Djibouti Armed Forces Major General Zakaria Sheikh Ibrahim and his accompanying delegation.
The meeting dealt with developments at the regional and international arenas, particularly the situation in Yemen and aspects of cooperation between the two countries.
- On 27/3/2015, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received at Sharm El Sheikh Airport Djibouti President Ismaïl Omar Guelleh to attend 26th Arab Summit.
- Assistant Foreign Minister visited on March 2008 and held the Fourth Session of bilateral political consultations with the Djiboutian counterparts.
- Djiboutian Minister of Education visited on April 2009 and held talks with Egyptian Minister of Education and Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Djiboutian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Mahmud Ali Yusuf, visited on October 2009, and held political talks regarding issues of bilateral and mutual interest with his former Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmed Abul Gheit.
- Djiboutian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Mahmoud Ali Yusuf visited, on top of a high-level delegation, to attend the meetings of the Fourth Session of the Joint Ministerial Committee for Technical and Economic Cooperation, while the Egyptian side was headed by former Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit, and ten agreements and MOUs were then signed.
- Former Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit, and former Minister of International Cooperation Fayza Abul-Naga, visited on March 2010. During the visit, the Egyptian delegation held bilateral talks with H.E. Djiboutian President and Djiboutian Minister of Foreign Affairs on bilateral and regional issues, including development of trade and investments.