Egypt against terrorism
- Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018
- Alexandria Terrorist Blast
- Helwan Church attack
- Al Rawda Terrorist Attack
- Wahat Terrorist Attack
- Kawadis Attack
- Arish Terrorist Attack
- El Badrashin terrorist attack
- Rafah Terrorist Attack
- Intimidating Judges
- Terrorist Attacks
- Anti-terrorist Operations
- Muslim Brotherhood Violence
- Biggest spying case referred to Criminal Court
- Court Reasons for Morsi lifetime sentence
Helwan Church attack
Sunday، 31 December 2017 01:10 PM
Security apparatuses thwarted on 29/12/2017 a terrorist attack that targeted a church in the southern Cairo district of Helwan.
A terrorist was killed in a shootout with police, while a manhunt was launched to arrest another terrorist.
Security forces tasked with securing churches in Helwan exchanged fire with two gunmen who opened fire at the church earlier in the day.
A perpetrator of a terrorist attack that targeted a church in Cairo's Helwan district was arrested. He was nabbed with a machine gun, five magazines, 150 bullets and a bomb in his possession.
Spokesman for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said the armed attack left 9 people dead and five others injured.
Names of the injured:
1. Mohamed El Sayed Mohamed (30 years old)
2. Christine Wadie (20 years old)
3. Emad Farag Fathy (45 years old)
4. Awatif Khater Mikhail (74 years old)
5. Ibrahim Ismail (34 years old)
Names of martyrs:
1. Emad Abdel-Shaheed (45 years old)
2. Safa Abdel-Shaheed (43 years old)
3. Wadih al-Qamas (65 years old)
4. Eveline Shukrallah (52 years old)
5. Wajih Ishaq (90 years old)
6. Reza Abdel Rahman (45 years old) security force
7. Nermine Sadiq Moussa (30 years old)
8. Romani Shaker (38 years old)
9. Atef Shaker (26 years old)
General prosecution: Examining surveillance cameras, national security to investigate in Helwan attack
Prosecutor General Nabil Ahmed Sadeq assigned the Interior Ministry's national security sector to swiftly investigate in the Helwan terrorist attack that targeted Mar Mina Church.
The First Attorney General of the Supreme State Security Prosecution (SSSP) Counselor Khaled Diaa ordered that the records of surveillance cameras at the church and the shop be viewed.
The investigation team at the SSSP continued hearing witnesses who saw the perpetrator committing his crime.
The SSSP will question the criminal once his health condition becomes stable.