Communiqué number 2
Army: Operation Sinai 2018 continues to end terrorism
Saturday، 10 February 2018 - 11:12 AM
Operation Sinai 2018 is still in place with the aim to eliminate terrorist groups in North and Central Sinai, the army said on Saturday 10/2/2018.
Airstrikes continued on Friday 9/2/2018 against terrorist strongholds that had been detected on the peninsula, according to a statement by the Armed Forces.
Military jets hit weapons caches and logistics areas of terrorists, read the statement.
Border guards, in cooperation with police, conducted manhunt campaigns to track fleeing terrorists, it said.
Maritime troops are deployed to secure the area between Rafah and western Arish to cut off supplies to terrorists, the statement added.