Communiqué number 4
Armed Forces issue statement on results of "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018'
Sunday، 11 February 2018 - 11:32 AM
The Armed Forces issued on Sunday 11/2/2018 Communiqué number 4 on the outcome of "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018' that was launched on Friday to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
"As part of the "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" carried out by elements of the Armed Forces in cooperation with the Interior Ministry, units of the second and third armies, backed by shock troops, paratroopers, rapid deployment forces and police elements launched wide-scale raid operations targeting a number of villages and towns in northern and central Sinai," the statement said.
- Air forces pounded and destroyed 66 targets used by terrorists as hideouts.
- Some 16 takfiris were killed and a warehouse of explosive devices and two 4×4 vehicles were destroyed.
- Thirty terrorist suspects were arrested.
- Twelve explosive devices were dismantled.
- Eleven 4x4 vehicles and 31 unlicensed motorbikes were destroyed.
- Three warehouses containing quantities of explosive materials and devices were destroyed.
- A field laboratory used by terrorists in manufacturing explosive devices was destroyed.
- A media center full of computer sets, wireless communications tools and documents advocating takfiri doctrines was destroyed.
- Six bango and hashish farms covering an area of 20 feddans was discovered and destroyed.
The statement said navy forces continue to tighten control along Arish coast while border guards and police are stepping up measures to secure vital installations and public utilities and carry out combing operations in the hinterland of Upper Egypt and mountainous areas along the southern and western borders to foil any attempt to infiltrate international borders.