The Armed Forces issued on Monday 12/2/2018 Communique number 5 on the outcome of "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" that was launched on Friday to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
"As part of the "Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018" carried out by elements of the Armed Forces in cooperation with the combat units of the Interior Ministry, anti-terror units continue launching raids targeting terrorist hideouts and arms and ammunition warehouses in northern and central Sinai," the statement said.
- Air forces pounded and destroyed 60 targets used by terrorists.
- Some 12 takfiris were killed during a shoot-out with anti-terror forces.
- Quantities of arms and ammunition were seized.
- Some 92 terrorist suspects and criminal wanted were arrested.
- Twenty vehicles used by terrorists were seized while 27 unlicensed motorbikes were destroyed.
- Thirty huts, hideouts and warehouses containing chemical materials that are used in manufacturing explosives, wireless communication tools, drugs and spare parts were seized.
- Twenty three explosive devices were dismantled.
- Seven bango and hashish farms were destroyed and more than half a ton of narcotics were seized.
- Thirteen underground hideouts containing a large quantity of motorbike spare parts and tools for manufacturing explosives were unearthed.
- A 250-meter-long and a 2-meter-wide trench was uncovered and destroyed and a workshop for dismantling stolen cars was seized.
The statement said air forces foiled an attempt to smuggle arms and ammunition across western borders through destroying four vehicles laden with weaponry and ammunition.
The forces killed terrorists elements involved in the smuggling operation.
The navy forces continue tightening their grip along the coast area, it added.
Combat groups of the Armed Forces and Interior Ministry continue operating 398 security patrols and setting up checkpoints across the nation.
The statement reiterated armed forces and police's persistence to eradicate the roots of terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people.