Saudi Arabia Crown Prince's Visit
Sunday، 04 March 2018 - 12:34 PM
It is worth mentioning that President Sisi visited Saudi Arabia last April where he met the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz and visited it again last May to attend the Islamic-American Summit.
Prince Mohammed bin Salman also visited Cairo and met President Sisi in July 2015 and in April 2016 with the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.
Egypt and Saudi Arabia
Saudi newspapers highlighted in their editorials on Monday 5/3/2018 a number of issues at local, regional and international arenas.
Okaz and Al-Riyadh newspapers commented on the visit of His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Vice President of the Council of Ministers and Minister of Defense to Egypt, saying every time, the Saudi foreign diplomacy confirms that it is a decision maker, not only for the interests of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but also for Arab and Islamic worlds, noting that HRH Crown Prince's current tour aims to strengthen relations between the Kingdom and key countries in the region and the world, consolidate the image of the Saudi diplomacy concerning with the security of the region and the world, promote positive partnerships and maintain a balanced performance in oil markets.
It added that HRH Crown Prince's visit to Cairo comes within the framework of the Arab consensus as the 29th Arab Summit will be held in Riyadh in mid-March and the region is undergoing transformations that must be dealt with according to circumstances and situations, indicating that the Kingdom and Egypt have common interests and close ties in all fields always being documented through further cooperation mechanisms leading to the best possible results for their development and enhancement.
Saudi CP's visit to Egypt asserts strategic bilateral relations
Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman's visit to Egypt reflects the strength of bilateral strategic relations, Egypt's Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Nasser Hamdi said on Sunday 4/3/2018.
In exclusive statements to Extra News television channel, Hamdi said the visit comes as part of continued close coordination between both countries on the various regional issues.
The ambassador indicated that security in the Middle East and the Gulf region is part and parcel of Egypt's security, referring to joint efforts to deal with the current developments across the region.
Projects related to power interconnection agreements between both countries will also be followed up during this visit, Hamdi added.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received at Cairo airport Saudi Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Mohamed bin Salman. Bin Salman's three-day visit comes at an invitation from President Sisi.
- President Sisi and Saudi CP Bin Salman agreed to continue facing interference in regional affairs. President Sisi hailed deeply-rooted relations binding Egypt and Saudi Arabia, affirming the country's keenness to boost them at all levels. The president added that current major challenges in the Middle East required mutual coordination between Egypt and Saudi Arabia. For his part, Bin Salman expressed the hope that the visit would add momentum to strategic relations between the two countries at the official and popular levels, and strengthen bilateral cooperation in all fields, thus contributing to strengthening unity of Arab and Islamic joint action in the face of dangers. The meeting dwelt on various aspects of bilateral relations, especially at the economic and investment levels. Plans to launch further joint projects were also reviewed, taking into account promising investment opportunities enjoyed by the two countries, especially in the field of tourism investment in the Red Sea. The two sides also discussed recent regional developments. Mutual understandings were found on various regional issues. Sisi and Prince Mohammed agreed on continuing joint efforts to reach settlements to the current crises in various countries in the region with the aim of putting an end to human suffering, preserving the sovereignty and territorial integrity of these countries and safeguarding the capabilities of its peoples. The two sides stressed the need to continue working together to address regional attempts aiming at dividing the Arab countries, and to form a united front to face risks and challenges facing the region. Sisi said that security in the Gulf region is part and parcel of national security in Egypt.
- President Sisi and the Crown Prince witnessed the signing of a number of bilateral agreements in various fields including:
1- A deal on environment protection and reducing pollution was signed between Environment Minister Khaled Fahmi and his Saudi counterpart Abdul Rahman bin Abdul Mohsen Al-Fadhly.
2- An amended deal on establishing an Egyptian-Saudi investment fund was signed between the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia and Egypt’s Investment and International Cooperation. The agreement was signed by Investment Minister Sahar Nasr and Saudi State Minister Essam bin Saad bin Saeed.
3- The president and the Saudi crown prince witnessed inking a memorandum of understanding between Minister of Investment and International Cooperation and the Saudi Public Investment Fund on activating the Egyptian-Saudi investment fund. The Egyptian side was represented by the minister of investment while Minister of State, Essam bin Saad bin Saeed, represented the Saudi side.
4- Also, an agreement of an executive program of joint cooperation to promote investment between the General Authority For Investment and Free Zones and the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority was signed by Minister of Investment Sahar Nasr and Saudi Minister of Commerce and Investment Majed Bin Abdullah Al Kassabi.
- President Sisi and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman took a cruise in the Suez Canal.
- President Sisi and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman inaugurated El Forsan tourist resort in Ismailia. The president and his Saudi guest were posted on the construction process of the resort, which took 18 months to be built. The resort which features old French architectural styles overlooks Lake Timsah and the Suez Canal, and it was set up upon the directives of Sisi within the framework of developing the Suez Canal Corridor. The project provides 800 permanent job opportunities for youth.
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman bin Abdel Aziz expressed appreciation for the efforts exerted by the Egyptian government regarding the economic and social reform program. At a meeting with Prime Minister Sherif Ismail, he underlined his country's support for Egypt in its war against terrorism. For his part, Ismail underlined the depth of bilateral relations and confirmed the keenness of the leadership in both countries to enhance coordination and push up joint cooperation in all domains. He added that the visit of the Saudi CP to Egypt gives momentum to bilateral relations.
- Speaker of the House of Representative Ali Abdel Aal receives Saudi Crown Prince, First Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Mohammad Bin Salman.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman al Saud attended the final operation to renovate al Azhar Mosque. The three-year renovation works are the largest in the history of the 1000-year-old mosque. They started a tour inside the mosque along with Al Azhar Grand Imam Ahmed El Tayyeb.
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman left Cairo wrapping up a three-day visit to Egypt.
Egyptian-Saudi joint statement
Egypt and Saudi Arabia issued a joint statement at the end of a three-day visit paid by Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman to Cairo. According to the statement, the two leaders expressed their satisfaction with the level of cooperation and coordination between the two brotherly countries and pressed for promoting bilateral relations at all levels to serve interests of the two countries' peoples. They also stressed the need for making use of available investment opportunities and stepping up joint efforts to face common challenges.