Communiqué number 15
Armed Forces: 16 takfiris killed in central Sinai
Sunday، 11 March 2018 - 03:05 PM
The Armed Forces have killed 16 takfiris, including four dangerous ones, in central Sinai within the course of the Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018.
The Armed Forces issued on Sunday 11/3/2018 its 15th statement on the outcome of Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018 that was launched on February 9 to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
According to the statement, the Armed Forces destroyed several targets and hideouts of terrorists.
- Air forces destroyed nine targets used by terrorists as hideouts and three booby-trapped vehicles.
- Some 285 trenches, hideouts and warehouses containing machine guns, ammunition, military uniforms, daily supplies, spare parts and booklets advocating takfiri doctrine were destroyed.
- Some 83 explosive devices were dismantled.
- An under-ground warehouse containing 34 rockets, four RPGs and quantities of explosive materials was destroyed.
- A lab used for manufacturing explosive devices in Sheikh Zuwaid was uncovered. Some 60 hand grenades, 200 detonators, wireless communications tools and explosive materials were found inside.
- Six vehicles and 32 unlicensed motorbikes were seized and destroyed.
- Six bango and hashish farms were destroyed and more than 4,680 kg of narcotics were seized.
The Navy forces seized a ship in the precincts of Alexandria port after discovering 3.5 tons of hashish inside.
Border guards, in cooperation with Air Forces, detected and destroyed five 4by4 vehicles while attempting to sneak into Egyptian territories from western borders.
Combat groups of the Armed Forces and Interior Ministry continue operating 610 security patrols and setting up checkpoints across the nation.
The statement reiterated armed forces and police's persistence to eradicate the roots of terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people.