Communique number 18
Armed Forces: 4 dangerous takfiris killed, others arrested
Sunday، 08 April 2018 - 11:51 AM
The Armed Forces killed four dangerous takfiris in North and Central Sinai within the course of the Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018 (COS 2018).
The Armed Forces issued on Sunday its 18th statement on the outcome of Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018 that was launched on February 9 to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
According to the statement, the Armed Forces destroyed two hideouts for terrorists, killing two of them.
- Three dangerous takfiris were killed and two others were arrested in Central Sinai.
- A takfiri element was killed with amounts of money, mobile phones and amounts of cannabis in his possession in North Sinai.
- 46 vehicles used by terrorists were seized and destroyed.
- 114 unlicensed motorbikes were seized and destroyed.
- The Armed Forces destroyed 386 hiding and storage places of the terrorists which contained 16 hand grenades, a group of wireless communication devices, explosives belts, 8 mortar shells, food supplies, military garments and quantities of chemicals and ammunition.
- Elements of the military engineers force discovered and detonated 30 explosive charges that were planted to target army personnel during their operations in the targeted areas.
- 250 criminal and wanted elements were detained and legal measures have been taken against them.
- 20 cannabis and bangu farms along with amounts of other narcotics ready for smuggling were seized in Northern and Central Sinai.
- Naval forces continued securing the coastline from Rafah to Arish to foil any attempted infiltration of terrorists from the sea.
- Army combat groups, border guards along with police patrols continued their security coordination as some 584 checkpoints have been deployed to secure main roads, desert areas and impose full control on the border areas on the western and southern fronts.
- Border guards, in cooperation with military engineers on the northeastern fronts uncovered and destroyed a number of tunnels in Rafah City in Northern Sinai.
- Two vehicles, carrying amounts of cannabis, opium as well as packets of bangu, were seized in Central Sinai and Ahmed Hamdy Tunnel and the western fronts, while a four-wheeled vehicle carrying two sniper pistols and their ammunition were seized.
In the southern military zone, two unlicensed vehicles and two elements of the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood were caught before attempting to sneak through the southern borders.
As part of efforts to alleviate the burdens of Sinai residents, Armed Forces continued to distribute food supplies to residents and opened a number of commodity outlets to provide for their needs.
The statement reiterated the army and police forces' persistence to uproot terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people.