Communique no. 21
Thursday، 10 May 2018 - 12:44 PM
The Armed Forces killed 21 Takfiris and arrested 238 wanted criminals in North and Central Sinai over the past days within the course of the Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018 (COS 2018).
The Armed Forces announced this Thursday 10/5/2018 its 21st statement on the outcome of the operation that was launched on February 9 to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
According to the statement, the Armed Forces destroyed 390 hideouts and warehouses belonging to terrorists in North and Central Sinai.
- Three takfiris were killed, four hideouts and a four-wheel-drive vehicle used by terrorists were destroyed by the Air Forces.
- Eighteen dangerous takfiri elements were killed in a gunfire exchange with security forces in North and Central Sinai. Five others were arrested with a number of machine guns and ammunition in their possession.
- The Armed Forces destroyed 391 hideouts and warehouses belonging to terrorists.
- A number of tunnels were uncovered and destroyed in North and Central Sinai.
- Armed forces seized 30 vehicles used by terrorists.
- Some 49 unlicensed motorbikes were seized and destroyed.
- Sixty-three bango farms and 17 tons of the cannabis plant were seized.
- Elements of the military engineers force discovered and detonated 21 explosive charges that were planted by terrorists to target army personnel during their operations in the targeted areas.
In the southern military zone, six four-wheel drive vehicles and 13 vehicles loaded with smuggled arms and ammunition were seized.
The statement reiterated the army and police forces' persistence to uproot terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people.